Thursday, December 3, 2009

Teenager and Eating Right

I'm on day two of giving my daughter Juice Plus in her smoothie. So far, she hasn't noticed a difference in the smoothie I prepare for her every morning. I'm starting to feel really good about getting the daily recommended servings of fruits and vegetables in her first thing in the morning. In addition, I have been adding a protein supplement. Although, I realize there is no substitute for getting the nutrition from food, at least she is getting some nutrition.

Yesterday went off without a hitch. Today, was a little bit of a challenge. She claims to have only slept 3 hours last night and has had very little sleep for the last two weeks. First thing I questioned was if she had been on the phone all night. Her response was a resounding, "NO!" Teenagers exaggerate so many things that I'm not sure if the time frame for her sleeplessness is correct. I had to cajole her and convince her that she needed to drink the smoothie so she would make it through the day. It was tough as she just wanted to sleep in the car, but she finally came through for me. Her coloring was off, hopefully due to the lack of sleep. I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment